Should I Have a Real Estate Education as a Landlord?
Those of us who have the funds to invest in real estate might think that becoming a landlord full-time is a good idea. But the thing is, even if this feels like a potential cash cow, one misstep could lead to a legal issue. However, with the right knowledge, you can do your best to avoid legal problems and make money without losing it to legal fees. That’s where Bob Brooks School comes in. Grab a look at our real estate courses. We have the pre-licensing, post-licensing, and CE courses you need for a well-rounded education.
Benefits of Education
If you plan on being a landlord full time, this education is beneficial to your tenants and also you. But why is that?
On the tenant side, you can ensure you do right by your tenants by having the right education when they need help. Additionally, you can make sure you do not cross any lines. For example, you might make a discriminatory mistake but may not know at the time. But even if you’re ignorant to it, a court won’t accept that easily. However, the right education could help you avoid those situations.
On the other hand, landlords who choose this education could use it for their benefit. In what way? Well, if you qualify as a real estate professional:
- You could deduct any losses you suffer from your rental properties annually.
- You could also avoid paying the Net Investment Income tax. This tax also applies to singles with a gross income exceeding $200k a year and couples that make more than $250k.
- Instead of cutting out the middleman (real estate agents), you become one, thus saving you money.
If you qualify to become a real estate professional, why not do yourself a favor and save yourself time and money?
The Education We Offer
When it comes to real estate, we offer a full education to ensure you have an easier education experience. Currently, we offer the following real estate courses to those who qualify:
- Pre-licensing. Begin your education right and learn the basics with Bob Brooks School.
- Post-licensing. Once you have your license, real estate professionals are required to keep their minds sharp.
- Continuing education. Continuing education ensures agents continue to sharpen their skills and stay on top of new and changing real estate laws. You don’t want to miss anything important.
If it sounds like you could benefit from a real estate education, join our real estate programs. We have the right pre-licensing, post-licensing, or CE course for you.
Begin Your Education With Bob Brooks School
Ready to begin? If so, enroll or get in touch with us. Our team is more than happy to help with any questions you may have as well. Just give us a call at 225.292.7277 or send us a message online. One of our professionals will answer as soon as possible. Let’s begin and improve your business for yourself and others.